On Demand Outreach/Distribution
This article is broken up into several sections. Use the links below to go to the section you are interested in.
- What is an On Demand Outreach
- Create a New On Demand Outreach
- Edit an On Demand Outreach
- Deleting an On Demand Outreach
- How the On Demand is Used
- Hide Vs. Delete
What is an On Demand Outreach
The On Demand Outreach allows the Administrator to create one outreach that can be used every day or as needed. This simplifies the process of creating outreaches and eliminates the need of making manual outreaches each day.
To manage your On Demand Outreaches, go to the ‘Manage’ tab and click on ‘On Demand Outreaches’.
Create a New On Demand Outreach
To create a new On Demand Outreach, click the ‘Create New’ link found next to the gold key.
Fill in the information on the ‘Create On Demand Outreach’ page and click ‘Save’ when you are done.
- Name – if you will be using several On Demand Outreaches, choose names that will easily be identified by your volunteers that will be doing intake.
- Color – By choosing different colors for each outreach, you will have an easier time locating outreaches on the calendar.
- Start Time – Time that your doors are open to guests.
- End Time – Time that your day is done.
- Tracking Methods – Check each ‘Tracking Method’ that will be offered in this outreach. These are also known as ‘Help Desired’ from the visit page.
- Status – By setting the status to ‘Show’ (‘Enabled’ from On Demand Outreaches home screen) you are making the outreach available to use. By setting the status to ‘Hide’ (‘Disabled’ from On Demand Outreaches home screen) you are making the outreach unavailable to use.
Edit an On Demand Outreach
To edit an outreach, click on the ‘Edit’ link. This will pop-up your current settings for the outreach. Make any adjustments needed and ‘Save’.
Deleting an On Demand Outreach
To delete and outreach, click on the ‘Delete’ link. A message will pop-up verifying that you want to delete the outreach. Click OK.
How the On Demand is Used
Your On Demand Outreaches are available to you through the ‘New Visit’ and ‘Calendar’ tabs.
Under ‘New Visit’, click on the ‘Select an Outreach’ drop down.
Under ‘Calendar’, click on the day you want to set up your outreach. Your ‘Available Outreaches’ are at the bottom of the right-hand column. Click on the one you want to use and then under ‘Outreach Controls’, choose the action you want to perform.
Hide Vs. Delete
If you have outreaches that do not happen often, edit the outreach and change ‘Show’ to ‘Hide’. This will disable it until you need it again. When ready, simply go back in and change it back to ‘Show’. This will keep your regular list of outreach choices to a minimum and lessen the chance of it accidently being used on the wrong day.back to top